Hutchinson Paulstra, a specialist in anti-vibration solutions, has developed active control systems that operate in the low-frequency range: STRACTIVE.
Unlike passive vibration control mounts, which physically reduce vibration by their very nature, Hutchinson Paulstra's active control systems will produce an opposite phase wave of the same amplitude as the solid or airborne wave that is to be neutralized. This will improve the vibration isolation in the 10 to 1,000 Hz range and beyond.
The active control systems developed by our Hutchinson Paulstra R&D centre can be used for a multitude of applications in many fields: improving the detection performance of oceanographic vessels, improving acoustic comfort in yacht cabins, reducing airborne noise in diesel engines or ventilation systems, but also improving the precision and life of machining tools.
Choosing an active control system for the resolution of vibro-acoustic nuisances brings many advantages:
- Improves dynamic filtration compared to passive suspension of the same stiffness
- Ensures better decoupling between structures
- Simplifies the installation of machines by lightening or eliminating inertia blocks
- Reduces stresses in structures and increases their life span
- Reduces transmitted and radiated noise
- Reduces travel at pipe joints and other connections
- Reduces vibration by an additional 12 to 36 dB compared to a passive vibration control solution
- Eliminates the most troublesome harmonic frequencies
- Improves the acoustic and vibration performance of existing systems with minimum impact
- Saves space and weight
- Improves the working environment in terms of exposure to noise and vibration
- Reduces the impact of noise pollution on marine life